I think you’ll love working with me. Here’s why.
- I get the point of your application. I’m not just following an agreed-upon blueprint; I really want this thing to improve lives, and will go the extra mile with you to make sure that it serves its purpose.
- I learn about your needs and advocate for them.
- I love simplicity. I strive towards simple, easy-to-use interfaces that make the complexity as manageable as possible.
- I work in quick cycles. We’ll take on your vision in bite-sized chunks and get from plans to prototype in days, not months. I believe that tighter feedback loops lead to more effective steering, and save both of us effort.
- I include you at every step. You’re not a programmer, and I won’t expect you to speak programese. Rather, you’re a key stakeholder, and I won’t be able to meet your needs unless every part of the planning and development process is a highly transparent collaboration between us (and other stakeholders as relevant). I’m prepared to ensure that it is, without sacrificing efficiency.
- I write thorough documentation and follow best practices in coding, making it easier for me or others to maintain and extend your app in the future. Just because an app works doesn’t mean it was well built; I’ve learned the hard way about the importance of minimizing technical debt.
- I learn quickly. Web development is an infinite and ever-extending maze; fortunately, I’m good with mazes. If your needs lead us to areas I haven’t learned about yet, I’ll learn whatever’s needed in order to get the job done.
- I’m loyal. I care about making sure my work is put to good use, and I care about the people I work with. ***
- I offer the first consultation free, so we have a chance to meet and assess your needs before making any major decisions.